Home » Further Information for Professionals

Further Information for Professionals

Please see the core information on our service in the following section introductions (which themselves have links to supporting relevant information):

If you require further information and this is not set out below, please contact service@pfp.org.uk to ask for help.

Is the centre now open?

Ty Seren is open at a limited capacity at present.

PfP remains subject to an ongoing Improvement Notice following the CIW inspection of the centre under previous leadership.

The CIW conditions are that the registration will remain subject to the following conditions:

  • Partnerships for Progress Limited is registered to provide a residential family centre service at Ty Seren, 64, Mount Earl, Bridgend. CF31 3EY.
  • The responsible individual for this service is Lauren Sian Lincez.
  • The service may admit children, adults or families, with a limit of 5 families into Ty Seren of 64, Mount Earl, Bridgend. CF31 3EY.

We are expecting to be re-inspected by CIW relatively soon and to be in a position to demonstrate in practice the positive impact from the improvements we have made over the last year.

Please see Learning from the Past for more information on the historic issues and the changes we have made.

Who is the Responsible Individual?

The Responsible Individual for the Service is Lauren Lincez. Lauren is a qualified Social Worker with over 10 years experience and is registered with Social Care Wales.  Lauren has a background in child safeguarding and in undertaking parenting assessments for families in care proceedings.

Where can I find the PfP Statement of Purpose?

A copy of PfP’s current Statement of Purpose can be obtained by contacting service@pfp.org.uk

Do you allow families to receive visitors?

Yes, we recognise how important it is for our residents to have contact with their families during their stay. These visits will need to be risk assessed and agreed with the placing authority in advance. Each visit will then be agreed at a mutually convenient time.

Please note any visitors are done so in accordance with the current Welsh Government guidance in respect to Covid-19 and all visitors are expected to adhere to the procedures in place.

Is Partnerships for Progress the same organisation as Family Crosspoint?

Partnerships for Progress is the same legal entity as Family Crosspoint and, as such, is registered with Care Inspectorate Wales as the provider of services at Ty Seren.

However, there has been a complete change in the executive directors (the senior leadership team) and the entire organisation, its service model, policies, procedures and training have been overhauled.

We are informed by the past experience of Family Crosspoint, but are a new team with a new organisational name and a new name for the centre in Bridgend, Ty Seren.

Please see Learning from the Past for more information on the past and the improvements that have been made.


What do you have in place to ensure good governance?

Please see Quality & Governance for an overview of this.  In addition Learning from the Past summarises how we are stronger for the future from our learning from the past.


Do you accept families from across the UK?

Yes we do.

How do I make a referral to PfP?

Should you wish to discuss a potential referral, please ask to speak to our Service Coordinator or our Service Director on 01656 333 637 or email at service@pfp.org.uk

Do you provide a service for fathers?

Yes, we accept referrals for fathers who are part of a couple or single parents.

What ages of children will you support?

We are able to support children within a family from birth up to 2 years old at the time of admission.

We occasionally have parents in the service who are under the age of 18 themselves. We are able to support young parents, from the age of 16 years.

Currently we are only accepting referrals for families with up to one child under sixteen (i.e. the baby).  We will keep this under review.

See About Us for more information on the types of needs we can support.

Do you accept applications from the Prison Service?

We are unable to accept applications directly from the Prison Service but would consider referrals for parents who have been involved in the Criminal Justice System.

We are able to complete a viability assessment to determine if we are able to meet their needs alongside others within the Centre and manage any associated risks.

Which local authorities do you collaborate with?

At PfP, we collaborate with any local authorities in the UK who require our service, in order to help as many people as possible. Please do get in touch if you would like to know more.

Are families from England subject to Welsh legislation?

All families residing in our Service will be subject to Welsh safeguarding legislation and regulatory oversight from Care Inspectorate Wales, given that our Service is based in Wales. We will liaise closely with the placing authority pre-admission to discuss any key matters they need to be aware of during the family’s stay.